Sydney Motorshow Form Guide
Yes it’s that time of year again, time for the Australian International Motorshow (aka Sydney Motorshow), to be held October 13-23 at Darling Harbour Convention Centre.
Below is a list of known releases or updates scheduled for the show. Note that this is not an exhaustive list of all models known to be on display, rather a list of new/updated/refreshed or otherwise noteworthy cars to look out for when you visit the show.
I’ll update this list as more information comes to hand.
- Brera. New model
- V8 Vantage. New model
- DB9 Volante. New variant
- M6, new model
- M5, new model
- Crossfire SRT-6, new variant
- 575 Superamererica, new variant
- F430 Spider
- Focus XR5 Turbo. Local version of the Focus ST
- Revised FPV range
- BF-series Falcon Update
- SY-series Territory Update
- EFIJY concept. A modern take on the classic FJ Holden
- S3X concept SUV
- Tigra hardtop convertible, New model
- E3 Concept, apparently Hyundai’s next WRC car will be based on the production version of this very car.
- Getz New model
- XK, the all aluminium cat. New model
- Gallardo Spider, New variant
- LF-C concept, luxury coupe convertible concept
- IS250 New model
- Excelero Concept, heading to Bathurst this weekend for some demo laps with Mick Doohan
behind the wheelin the passenger seat.
- Tiida Sport Concept
- Megane Turbo Sport Sold as the ‘Trophy’ in other markets, sadly only available in 5-door. New variant
- 9-3 SportCombi New variant
- Brabus ForFour, 130kw screamer.
- Impreza, new nosejob, 2.5l engine for WRX and STi. Update
- Enhanced by STI Liberty GT
- B9 Tribeca, coming to Australia in late 2006
- Grand Vitara New model
- Yaris, Echo-replacement small hatchback. New model
- Polo, update
- Passat, new model
- Jetta, new model
- C70, hardtop convertible. New model
- Shannon’s Auction Display Historic Mercedes-Benz photo collection of Zoltan Glass
- 1971 Herbie-replica Beetle
- Pagini Zonda